Or at least my baby is the bomb! I have been so seriously lucky with this kid. I kind of find myself wondering why we waited so long to have kids.
My delivery was a breeze. Once I got the epidural I was basically delirious with relief and joy. I only had to push for about 40 minutes, and I got to watch the whole thing (kind of gross but very interesting to me). I did have to wait 45 minutes to hold little Graham while I was being stitched up, but once I did he latched great and has been a great eater since.
The hospital was a little dramatic. A nursery nurse scared the crap out of me by telling me she was pumping my baby's stomach. My hormones were out of control resulting in lots of crying. And I didn't get much sleep; the nursery timing is awful. I kept trying to time my feeding with when they said they would come get the baby so I could sleep for a good long time, but they never showed and I was too chicken just to take him down there. Once we got back home Graham would sleep like 6 or 7 hours a night (seriously, best baby in the world), which resulted in a lot less manic crying.
Moving was insane. I was super sleep deprived and we kept going back and forth about what we really needed to take. Once we got here I didn't have half the things I needed, and Sean wasn't really around (he kept going back to the old house and just staying there!). But we are here now, Sean comes back even though we are boring and watch too much TV, and it has been awesome to have a babysitter living upstairs so I can get out or get things done during the day.
I especially LOVE not working!!! I thought I would be super bored, but it turns out I love watching Graham. I love not waking up till 11, or staying in bed with him till noon (he does wake up every 2-3 hours now, but when you stay in bed till 11 it's not so bad). I love that the most important thing I do in a day is kiss my baby. I love trying to bath him and cuddle him so he will sleep longer. I even like watching him cry, because I get to see his little gums and funny white tongue. I have gone in to work for a few hours, and dealt with a few phone calls, but I've been off for 3 weeks and I'm thrilled to take at least another 7! I especially don't miss all the drama of working with 6 ladies who just moved offices and are not thrilled about it. :).
All in all I'm left with the impression that babies are great. Maybe it is becuase I have a mother in law to help me every day, or because I keep getting to go on vacations to Idaho, or because I have this beleif that my baby is absolutely freakin adorable even if he isn't very photogenic... but I'm very happy being a mom.
1 comment:
I think he's darling. And I agree - being a mom is great! I can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment