Can I just say that ultrasound-ographers/doctors are very funny. In fact I couldn't quite get over how many times the stenographer kept saying, "Yah, girls definitely don't have that part." or "That thing is pretty unmistakable." I mean I'm glad my little boy has some serious manhood, and I realize that is the part most people are dying to hear... but give the little man some privacy! It probably didn't help that the first ultrasound we had done was by my spouse's father. He kept pointing out odd things like, "You see that little hand down there?" Rachel being oblivously dumb, "Yes, how cute." Dr. Ludlow, "Well it seems that the baby is scratching it's bum, definitely a manly trait. Must be a boy!" And these people truly must stare at screens for a long time, becuase they kept saying, "How cute." Have you seen 16 week ultrasounds? They are NOT cute. If you are thinking of adorable little pictures like this:
then you have not been in for a 16 week ultrasound in a while!!!
This:
is a lot closer to what my ultrasounds look like. They ultrasound half way into the face, so you see this cross section that is basically a creepy looking, cone-headed skull. And then these grown men go, "How cute." COME ON!!! I feel like I'm watching some creepy sci-fi movie where the alien is going to crawl out of a hole and eat me! And becuase it is sound waves, you see the jaw bones really clearly. One thing the doctor/stenographer looks for is if the mouth opens and closes. So look back to the cone-headed skull, think about the little jaw bones opening and closing with only blackness behind... and try and spit out the words "How cute." My baby is an alien.
I really am very excited though about my little boy. My boy list of names at work keeps growing and growing. I realize that picking a name for a child, however, is a terrible thing to do while you are pregnant. There is no logic to the hormones, emotions, and tantrums I seem to have flowin. I write down the cutest name, read it a week later and think of the poor sap whose parents actually choose that name for their kid. Hopefully I will be smart and let Sean help me pick. I currently am working on looking for cute boy fabrics to cover the bumper and bed blanket. I mostly am getting my ideas from googling "cute boy rooms". Cheating? Yes, probably. Got any better ideas? I sure don't. Sean thinks we should go with a really bright Hawaiian theme. Definatley different, but not sure if I love it. The modern black and white is out because it looks really girly. And the walls downstairs are all dark brown panneling, so most browns in general are out.
Anyways. Ludlow is a boy. I am very happy. If he comes out blonde with blue eyes I will first kill my mother for cursing me, and then promptly give him to a lady at work who is dying for a baby (well that is the current plan... we'll see). Being pregnant is weird and I think I will blog about that next time :).
3 comments:
I totally didn't even know you were pregnant! Congrats Rachel, that's exciting!
Dan says he agrees with Sean and bright Hawaiian would be fun. I kinda think so, too.
And just trust me, even if he comes out blonde, (which I suspect he won't, because seriously, where would he get those genes from?) once he's here you're definitely not going to want to give him away.
Little boys are so much fun, really I should know!:) I'm super happy for you and can't wait to see this sweet boy.
Post a Comment