Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Runs

This summer, much like the last has been full of racing. I really enjoy it and will put up pictures of the Bone N Back up (My camera batteries were dead by the time the Firecracker came around). I'm not trying quite as hard this year (and my times definitely reflect my effort and training), but I'm having a good time.

And this is the most puzzling thing to me, I GAIN weight every single summer. Last summer I ran 7 races that were at least 3 miles or more. I was in good shape, and was racing quite quickly. But I was looking at an Excel I keep at work with my weight (always using the same machine at the same time of day) and I peak every stinking year around the 24th of July. Maybe I have a stress complex -- I want to be outside all day, and since I can't I eat. Maybe I can just blame it all on the cruise. Or maybe I just loose control when the warm summer comes around. I don't know what it is, but it definitely isn't helping my swimsuit season.

Pictures (not of my swimsuit season) soon to come.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hahaha... I saw the title of your post and thought you and Sean must have eaten something bad ;)